• #CRCcampus: Want to share your photos and tweets with us? Use the hashtag #CRCcampus

Dr. Brice Harris named California Community College Chancellor

Former Los Rios Community College District Chancellor Brice Harris was unanimously selected by the Board of Governors today to serve as the 15th chancellor of the California Community College system.

Harris is now in charge of a 112-college system, the largest system of higher education in the country.

“Brice Harris is the right person at the right time to lead California Community Colleges,” said CCC Board of Governors President Scott Himelstein. “I’ve known and worked with him for many years, and he is widely respected within the college system.”

Harris was the longest-serving chancellor of the four-college Los Rios district, holding that post for 16 years.

Harris oversaw the establishment of the district’s fourth campus, Folsom Lake College,  while serving as the Los Rios chancellor.

As the new chancellor, Harris will earn an annual salary of $198,500, plus a standard benefits package given to state employees. He will assume the role on Nov. 6.

“I enthusiastically endorse the appointment of Dr. Brice Harris as the chancellor of the California Community Colleges,” said former Chancellor Jack Scott. “He is an outstanding educational leader, as evidenced by his superb leadership of the Los Rios Community College District.”

Zach Hannigan, Former Staff

In his six semesters on The Connection staff, Zach served many roles including twice as Editor in Chief and Sports Editor and ending as the Online and...