• #CRCcampus: Want to share your photos and tweets with us? Use the hashtag #CRCcampus

Campus goes green celebrating Earth Day with various events

Earth Week will start on Wednesday April 17 this year, while Earth Day will be observed on April 22. The focus of this year’s Earth Week is climate change and how it changes the world, according to Earth Day Network.

As scheduled on Cosumnes River College’s website, April 18 will start the week with a showing of the film “The End of Suburbia” at 3:15 p.m. in SCI 106. The documentary explores the use of fossil fuels and its relation to the suburban American lifestyle.

On Earth Day the CRC quad will be filled with assorted non-profit groups, student clubs and art displays, according to “CRC’s Green Scene” released March 3. This will start at 10 a.m. and end at 1 p.m.

Later that day, from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. the Recital Hall will be host to two keynote speakers of Earth Week. Dr. Bruce Winterhalder and Dr. Martha Macri of University of California, Davis will discuss the links between extreme weather and the collapse of the Maya, as stated on the newsletter.

To finish, there will be two more films shown on campus, according to Earth Week CRC’s schedule. “Crude” will be shown at 3 p.m. in the Hawks Nest Bookstore on April 23, while “Power of Community” will be shown at 3 p.m. in SCI 106 on April 25.

Courtney Rich, Former Staff

Swift and deadly with a Rubix Cube, Courtney came onto the paper for the first time in spring 2013 and quickly found her spot in the staff. Courtney...