Campus program opens application process for the spring semester

Scott Redmond, Staff Writer

The Extended Opportunities Programs and Services and Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education program are accepting applications for the spring 2014 semester.

Located in the Library building, L-206, the EOPS/CARE program is just one of the many services offered by the campus within the Library Student Support Center.

EOPS/CARE offers priority registration, academic advising, personal counseling, career guidance, transfer information, and tutoring among many other services.

Applications are available within L-206 or can be found through the Cosumnes River College website. Students need only be a California resident, be registered for 12 units, qualify to receive the Board of Governors Fee Waiver, have completed more than 24-degree applicable units and submit an application to be considered for the program.

Those considered for admittance must be determined to be educationally disadvantaged by the EOP&S program.

Qualifying for the CARE program also means being eligible for EOP&S, be a recipient of TANF or CalWorks, a single head of a household, a parent of a child 13 or younger, be at least 18-years-old and a full-time student.

All of the application and supporting documents must be completed and signed upon turning in. No unfinished applications will be accepted.

Finished applications can be returned to L-206 for consideration.